We built our website for newer browsers. Update now for the best experience.

Other Services

Other Services

You can call our Child Support for advice about filing, modifying, and enforcing child support orders. This service, which is free of charge, is offered through our Pro Bono Unit. The Helpline can be reached at 844-949-1305 and is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Crime victims often have legal needs as a result of becoming a victim of crime.  We assist victims with civil legal matters, such as housing, family law, employment, consumer matters, and immigration.

We assist individuals with physical, intellectual or emotional disabilities in applying for, or appealing the denial or termination of, public benefits such as: Social Security/Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI); housing discrimination; rehabilitation programs; transportation; and employment.

Additionally, we assists clients who suffer from mental illness with its broad array of legal services. Many will be fighting to secure lost benefits that were waived during the pandemic but needed more than ever to cope with the ongoing issues exacerbated by being home alone.

This program recognizes that low-income LGBTQ individuals and families face unique challenges. We preserve and advance the rights of this community in matters including name changes, family law cases, protecting youth from bullying, discrimination claims, and other civil legal matters.

LSHV advocates for students with disabilities or suspected of having disabilities in all school districts in Rockland County. Students in these districts with IEPs, Section 504 Plans, or neither of these but suspected of having disabilities may be eligible for services.

assistance to adults in Westchester County who suffer from mental illness with a broad array of legal services in areas such as housing, disability, and other general legal matters.

ICAN is the New York State Ombudsman Program for people with Medicaid who need long-term services – e.g., home attendant, adult day care or nursing home accommodations. This program can help people who are applying for Medicaid and need help applying for a Managed Long-Term Care, Medicaid Managed Care or Fully Integrated Duals Advantage plan. It can also provide information and advice to friends, family members, or anyone else who is helping a person with his or her medical decisions.