Send a check payable to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley to:
90 Maple Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
Attention: Development Office
Or call us at 914-949-1305 x 251
And we will process your donation over the phone.
You can make an even greater impact by making your gift a recurring monthly donation. This newly formed group of individuals who support us throughout the year will be renamed in 2021 to the sustainer club.
As a member of this group, you will receive a special e-newsletter just for you and be listed in our annual report under a special heading.
If you would like to honor or memorialize someone through a contribution to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, we would be delighted to help you. We will send an acknowledgement letter to the person or family you wish to honor, letting them know you have made a contribution. The amount of your gift is not mentioned unless you wish it to be.
- A memorial donation is a great way to commemorate a loved one who has passed away. When making this type of gift, either online or by mail, please specify the name of the person being memorialized, the amount of the gift and the name and address of the person who should be notified of the gift other than yourself.
- A tribute gift or gift in honor of someone is a special way to recognize a person, significant accomplishment or commemorate a special occasion like a birthday or holiday. When making this type of gift, either online or by mail, please specify the name of the recipient, the amount of the gift, and the name and address of the honoree so that we can notify them that a gift has been made in their honor.
- You will get an acknowledgment letter with the tax-deductible information for your contribution in both cases.
You can make a gift of treasure with a gift of stock. For stock transaction information please contact Jazmine Leon, Chief Development Officer, email@example.com or by phone at
914-949-1305 x 270.
When making a gift of stock or as a wire transfer, please provide the following information:
- Donor name and address
- Type of gift
- Amount of gift or the number of shares and the name of the security being gifted.
This information enables us to track the transaction and properly receipt your gift. THANK YOU!
Cy Pres and Residual Fund Awards result from undistributed or unclaimed residual funds awarded in class action cases. A part to the class action can propose Legal Services of the Hudson Valley as the recipient of these funds.
Impart your legacy with Legal Services of the Hudson Valley. Help support today and tomorrow with a planned gift. To learn more about planned giving contact Jazmine Leon, Chief Development Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 914-949-1305 x 270.
One of the simplest and easiest ways of supporting Legal Services of the Hudson Valley and our mission is through a bequest in a will or by designating Legal Services of the Hudson Valley as a beneficiary of an IRA, Roth, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualifies pension plan or life insurance policy.
The full amount of a bequest or testamentary gift is deductible from a taxable estate. Bequests, testamentary gifts, or qualified pension plans should specify the terms of your will, trust, or beneficiary designation form, and we recommend you always consult an attorney.
Already have a will, you can include or update a bequest to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley through a simple codicil, without the need for executing a new will. A codicil makes amendments to add new bequests to those already included in your will but must meet all requirements of your state. Generally, it must be signed by you in the presence of witnesses who must attest to the execution of the document. Make sure you identify our organization by our formal name: Legal Services of the Hudson Valley and the EIN for the organization is 13—6265606.
We sincerely hope that you will include Legal Services of the Hudson Valley in your estate plan, and we urge you to let us know if you plan to make a bequest to support our work and activities. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you how your bequest can play a meaningful role in our future and perpetuate your life values. Please contact Jazmine Leon, Chief Development Officer, email@example.com or by phone at 914-949-1305 x 270.
Bequests can take various forms, but the three main types are a percentage bequest, a residual bequest or a specific bequest.
- Percentage Bequests
- A percentage bequest is a bequest of a certain percentage of your estate or of another asset.
- Example: “I give, bequeath, and devise (state percentage amount) to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, a qualified 501(c )(3) charitable institution, located in White Plains, New York, to be used for its general purposes.”
- Residual Bequests
- A residual bequest is a bequest of all or a portion of the remainder or residue of the estate after specific and other bequests have been distributed.
- Example: “I give, bequeath and devise (all, or state percentage) of the rest, residue and remainder of property, both real and personal, wherever situated, which I may own or be entitled to at my death, to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, a qualified 501(c )(3) charitable institution, located in White Plains, New York, to be used for its general purposes.”
- Specific Bequests
- A specific bequest is a bequest of a specific item or dollar amount.
- Example: “I give, bequeath and devise (state amount or item) to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, a qualified, charitable 501(c )(3) charitable institution, located in White Plains, New York, to be used for its general purposes.”
You can designate Legal Services of the Hudson Valley as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, which can provide charitable deductions for your estate.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising is a fundraising strategy that empowers individuals to raise money on behalf of Legal Services of the Hudson Valley via online fundraising pages.
- The way it works:
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley creates a Campaign either ongoing or time sensitive.
- You get an email (or find us on social media) asking you to join the campaign by either sharing Legal Services page or creating your own fundraising page.
- Creating your own fundraising page is fun and allows you to personalize the reason you are giving to Legal Services of the Hudson Valley.
- If you are part of a group, you can encourage others to create their own page and challenge them to raise a certain dollar amount.
- Then you send to your circle of friends and family asking them to support Legal Services of the Hudson Valley.
- The purpose of these small intimate gatherings is to increase the knowledge of the participants about Legal Services of the Hudson Valley through conversation.
- It’s simple, pick a date, invite a few friends and ask them to each invite someone. 10 is the ideal number of guests but you may have to invite more to get that many to the party. Let them know that you are hosting a gathering so they can get to know Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, an organization you feel strongly about.
- Understanding the issues, the need and the context, and learning what Legal Services of the Hudson Valley does, is critical to getting people interested in becoming a donor or supporter.
- Set a goal for the event, friend-raiser or fundraiser, be specific. If it is a friend-raiser, are you inviting the right people in the community. If it is a fundraiser, set a monetary goal and make sure you as the host are willing to start the ball rolling with your financial commitment including paying for the party.
Do you work for a company that matches your charitable gift? Do they match your volunteer hours? Matching gifts allow you to increase the amount of your donation with your employer’s help. If they match volunteer hours they can help you make a monetary donation in addition to your volunteer hours. Turning your talent into treasure!
Shop or sell and support Legal Services of the Hudson Valley on eBay. Add us as your Favorite charity on eBay to see us as your preferred charity in eBay checkout. You will also be able to easily donate a portion of your proceeds to us when you sell on eBay and get some of your seller fees waived and receive the tax credits. The eBay for Charity platform makes it all happen! Visit our charity (link to the eBay Legal Services of the Hudson Valley page – https://www.charity.ebay.com/charity/Legal-Services-of-the-Hudson-Valley/1428390 )today and be part of a growing eBay community that has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to thousands of charities.